HybridZ

is it ever gonna run

Ivan280zt

dang its been few long nights of me making out with my baby (z that is but i woudnt call it baby at this time fmad.gif ) finally got all wiring mess figured out (turbo swap in 77z) and also installed msd 6a box to go with ss blaster coil and difference in spark is just amaizing it must be at least two or three times stronger. make long story short. now i have spark (finally) and motor turns over just fine but it wont crank just keeps spinning over. it has spark and fuel (yeah i actually remembared to put gas in it afther i drained old one) so what else should i check out. tomorow is my day off so i have plenty of time to work on it i just need to know what all to look at and which way to test it (for example how to test injectors and fuel regulator....) any idea is more than welcome as usual so just throw them at me.

Ivan (no its not running yet nono.gif )

Couple obvious things-

Make sure the fuel pump is running and pressurizing the fuel rail - I use a hardware store pressure guage and a tee fitting between the filter and fuel rail. Fuel pressure should be about 43psi with the car not running and starter engaged. There is a contact in the air flow meter that turns on the fuel pump relay, which turns on the pump. Check that stuff if your pump isn't turning on.

If you have fuel pressure, make sure your injectors are firing. If they are working, you can hear them clicking when the car is turned over with the starter by putting the tip of a screwdriver on the body of an injector and the screwdriver handle to your ear. If you hear no clicking from the injectors, check connections to the injector resistor bank and ECU.

make sure the ignition transistor is grounded

check ignition switch, pull the little eight pin connector and clean it, that is acc circuit and also power to the coil specifically, bottom two pins on that connector check for power with key on.