Jump to content
HybridZ

5 cylinder GM ATLAS 3700 build with 4L60e transmission


A to Z

Recommended Posts

A week or two ago, I began an engine and transmission project, thinking there may yet be another rip snorter in my future. Maybe a B210 or maybe a Roadster? I bought a ATLAS 5 cylinder engine, it's a 3.7, or 3700 cc inline 5. lengthwise about the same as a 2000 roadster engine, but yes it is taller. Like my 4200 it is all aluminum, 4 valves per cylinder, dohc, with VVTi on the exhaust cam. I additionally got a 4 speed automatic for it, a GM "4L60e", that is a lock up setup, where there isn't a lot of slush and stuff. I have already gotten some parts for the 3700, and I will post updates on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went ahead and worked on the 3700 today. I removed the balance shafts, and used the Badlands Industries delete kit. I then cleaned up and re-sealed the rear plate, installed the flex plate with a few bolts in case I want to do a compression test later, and then got it on the engine stand. Int he pics you will see the 4 speed automatic trans for it, a lockup unit GM "4L60e", that I will rebuild with all the tough parts and probably a 3000 RPM stall, unsure at this point. PICS:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...