HybridZ

driveshaft diameter

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recieved the jtr flange today and measured for the driveshaft. It came out to 19 3/4. this is with the yolk 3/4 out of the tranny like jtr says. I ran into a problem with the driveshaft. I was going to have shortned but it's way too big in diameter. I will call the driveshaft place to see if they can build one with small tubing 2 1/2 what do you think about tubing this small. I really have to start taking pics sorry guys.

Guest Anonymous

sounds like your just coming right along in your project landis. good going man 2thumbs.gif unfortunetly i can't aswer that question as i am WAY WAY away from that portion of my project. although since i now have a decent mig welder and air compressor i am glad to say that you guys can expect to see some...well, actually a lot of pics of what i'm going to do to my car. i just have to wait till its warm enough outside and then the marathon will commmence. i plan on camping out in my front yard and working on my car till the bodywork is almost completely done. i want to get at least that far before i have to pack my bags for bootcamp.

Guest Anonymous

the driveshaft I have now that came off a dart is necked down to 2 1/2 from three. I will see if they can just make the whole thing out of out of 2 1/2. If the driveshaft place makes the whole thing it will be like 125-150 but that is all new ends and 2 inch tubing.