HybridZ

I got the Full Length Headers from MSA to work!!!

Corzette

What a concept. When I installed my new floor pans I had to cut up about an extra inch to get all the rust out. I then made new ones from ZINC and welded them in. Well, the floor is about 1 inch or higher so I made the seat frames 1 inch lower and kept the same clearance inside. Well this allowed me to get the clearance I needed for the full length headers from MSA. I am one happy camper...no beating the floor pan. I think it also improved the joint angle as well... what does everyone think about that idea? Pros/Cons

CoeZette

Either have the collectors angled down or as you did, modify the floor. If you have the clearance, they're a great header. I just don't like how low the passenger side hangs. I have low pro tires and springs, the tubes under the starter, which are lower than the collector, would be about an 1 1/2" off the ground.

JS

As far as cost... I bought 2 sheets of Zinc galvanized metal and cut out the floor pans via cardboard template. Thet are 1 MM thick so it was a bitch to shape them. However a little heating with the torch help. I then jacked the pans up into position and adjusted the fit etc. I had to used a torch and steel rods to weld them. I welded everthing except the door rail side. I used tapping screws to secure this area. I will seal that space with rubber sealant later. I wasn't planning for this to happen but after comparing it with the original it comes out about 7/8 of an higher than stock. You have to lower the seat frame a bit unless your a short person to get the same clearance inside. The goos thing about ZINC is that it will never rust again!!! The water doesn't matter and I probably have the world's strongest floor pans now. I am sure it helps with the body strength too. The sheets cost s me about $20 per and the rods plus the O2 and Acetalene was about about $50. I should be done with this car around August or so....it fricken rains here alot so I have to wait for it to stop to really work on the car. I am gonna build an over head in May so I can work on the car at night and during the rain. I will keep in touch.

TB cheers.gif