HybridZ

LT1 headers!!!..here we go again.....

Tim240z

I have a set of the S&S full length headers, which I bought used from a member here (no complaints about the transaction!!), but there is no way I can get these to fit with the T56. The driver's side collector flows right into the slave cylinder boss, and there is no easy way to remedy this. I could have an exhaust shop modify them, but not worth the bother IMO.

Is there ANYTHING that works with the LT1 heads and T56 (angle plugs) without modification and 'decent' plug clearance?

Someone PLEASE help me. I know this topic has come up a million time before, but I still don't see a solution, I don't want the Sanderson cast headers and don't want to spend a crapload of $$$ on them either.

Thanks....guys running LT1/T56...any input, please?!!!

Tim

BTW, these headers I have will likely fit with an auto trans, so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Guest Anonymous

Tim,

I have had hooker block hugger headers on my lt-1 for about 6 years. Clearance is tight but I can change the plugs and I have not had a problem wiht spark plug wires. I got mine from street and performance. They have the 90 degree bend on the end the attaches to the plug. If you want I could post or email a few pics. Good luck, Mark

Guest Anonymous

Tim,

Did you buy the headers from a member in Atlanta Ga.? I tried to get him to sell them to me but you made the deal first. Currently I'm running shorty 1.5 block hugggers on a 355 sbc with vortec heads with 2.25 pipes and 2 long thrush oval mufflers with turn downs just past the differential. The plugs are tight but no burned boots so far. My car has 4.11 gear but it still ran 7.24 @ 95 in the 1/8 last friday so maybe block huggers aren't so bad? With all that said I'm interested in your S&S's but I still don't know fit they clear the straight plugs on vortec heads; GM moved them from the old position. Do you know anyone using S&S 5205's on vortec "906" heads??? Thanks Ed G.

Guest Anonymous

Tim,

Did you look at "Nullbounds" exhaust pic. #13 it's a work of art compared to my meneki job! You said you wanted to go an econonical route, you may want to look at summit-racings shorties pn SUM-G9060 they drop into 2.5 collectors and cost$76.00. It cost $100 to have them jet coated inside and out here in Sc. Just an idea, good luck! I would love to see a pic of your S&S headers.

Eddie,

I actually have a brand new set of those Summit headers, but I decided against such a small primary and the plug clearance is too tight.

When I say I want 'budget' headers, I just don't want to spend more than my engine cost on a set.

Tim