HybridZ

headers for Scarab

Guest Z-rific

Guest Anonymous

Last I heard Hooker Headers were still making mounts and full length headers for the Scarab position. MSA makes a full length header for their mounts.

From the Scarabs that I have looked at, the steering shaft actually goes through the pipes on the left side--pretty cool looking actually. Hooker is your best bet for finding quality headers (full length too!) that fit the car. That said, I have never seen block-huggers on a Scarab before. Do yourself a favor and have them powdercoated if you decide to go with a 'painted' header. They will last for years and look great. I have some Cermakrome (sp?) powdercoated block-huggers and they look closer to chrome then the polished aluminum valve covers do :rolleyes:

Davy

Yes they are I just put a set of Hooker Super Comp. full lengthe headers on my Scarab Z. Did it in January.

Part Number is hoo-2147.

Beware these headers do not have collector flanges on them, just straight collector.

I just clamped my 2 1/2" pipes to the 2 1/2" collector and they worked like a charm.

PS. Buy them coated.

Mike