HybridZ

intake manifold

SHANE

looking for some info on a source for an aftermarket intake manifold for the L28ET. or a place that would modify mine to accept the newer style o-ring injectors(instead of the barb/pintle junk) this would save me around $600 on injectors. i found the fuel rail at arizonazcar, but they are not going to make anymore manifolds. i can get my 720cc injectors for around $78 :D an injector in the newer style. the barb/pintle style will run me about $180 :mad: an injector. thank you for your time.

Where can you get such a deal on 720cc/min injectors?

All you have to do is just make a custom rail, and bolt it down so it pushes the injectors into place and makes a seal on the O-Rings.

A custom intake manifold shouldn't be needed. Check out my For Sale link on my web page for a pretty cool J-Spec intake manifold.

Shane - I've never heard of anyone offering a custom manifold for the L28. The only ones I've seen people have fabricated themselves. It seems to me any competent machine shop could mill out the injector holes for larger tips to the proper depth for the new injectors. Provided, of course your new fuel rail will hold them in.

At one time Arizona Z car did have a pretty cool custom intake manifold with the throttle body in the middle facing inward. I really wanted for them to make one up for me, but the guy is stuck on only making suspetion/brake parts now.

I was going to make myself up a custom sheetmetal intake manifold, but went with a different engine instead. I would like to at some point make a custom aluminum sheet metal intake manifold for my current project, but not until it will make any difference.

I agree, you can have your stock bungs machined out to the size you'd like.

Guest Anonymous

As another option: MSD makes a lot of nice injector accessories. They make threaded and weld-in injector fittings out of billet aluminum.

They are super sweet but a bit pricey. Summit sells them for about $70 per set of 8. That is the cheapest price I have found.

Still, it probably wouldn't be any more expensive than having someone do it for you. The only way to do it cheaply is to do it yourself. In that case, it might be REAL easy to mess up an intake. If things aren't just right, one could be plagued with a seeping o-ring seal.

My website www.zcarcreations.com has a download section. The MSD fuel injection catalog is there for anyone who is interested.

• 1 year later...