HybridZ

how much hp are you running?

Maybe somebody can play with DD2000 and let me know what my HP levels will be because I have no idea! Here are my specs:

High-nickel 350, 2-bolt main

stock crank and rods

forged pistons, not even sure of the compression, though not very high (low 9:1)

Schneider cam, 440 lift / 270 duration on both intake and exhaust (this is sort of funny - my friend Kory works there and got me my cam - but I bet anything that he and Curt [fastest street car in San Diego, also works there] gave me a different spec sheet than the cam they gave me - I bet it's burly)

Crower 1.5 roller rockers

Schneider 6700 valve springs

Edelbrock dual-plane RPM Air-Gap intake manifold

Holley 4150 double-pumper, 650 CFM, mechanical secondaries, mechanical choke

Flowtech ceramic-coated block hugger headers

If you need to know the heads, I couldn't really tell you - but I could take pictures of them. I'm sure someone could identify them. The motor builder said they were decent for older iron heads, though they're not double humpers

Guest Anonymous

heh i wish i knew how much i will be pushing when i get this monster rolling. i guess it just depends on the gas octane, how much timing and how much boost i want to push into it. and theirs that whole thing about my rods giving out under that much power but at least i'll have fun finding their limits :D i'm hoping that with the setup i want to go with i should be able to break over the 700 mark and anything after that is pure icing on the cake.

Guest Anonymous

My Z is currently Flintstone powered :(

but I have sitting here a '95 Corvette LT1 and an ATI ProCharger that should get me about 450hp. Man, some of the cars here are insane. 600-800hp?? sheesh

Can't wait till my toy moves under its own power.

Good luck on your projects, everyone!

well since i started the post i'll update all of you on my new motor in the works. stoked 400 to 434ci. lots of cam and induction. to cut to the chase 598hp @6250 rpm and 577ft tq @2700 rpm. this is without spray. i will be putting a 150 shot on it and i'll let you do the math.

god you've got to love having a company truck to drive to and from work. lets me have my cake and eat it to 2thumbs.gif

p.s. anyone think i can break into the 10s or just alot of parts trying. hahaha

basically its a 400ci block bored .30 over. the crank has a 4.0" stroke and you have to use 6 inch rods. put it all together and you've got 433.9 ci. the best of both worlds. big block cubic inches and the reving ability and light weight of a small block. gotta love it 2thumbs.gif