HybridZ

RB Series Ecu's

Bernardd

Can anyone tell if the Rb20det was sold in Nissan's in Austalia. Does the engine have variable

valve timing, coilpacks, etc. The reason I ask is in researching info for the code inside my 86

eccs, I've found Japanese pages with all the tuning points inside the rb20det. I know the

rb20det was available in the Z31 in Asia so chances are the wiring is the same or similiar.

May as well use the rb ecu if it can be made to work as injector size can easily be changed

(I've seen as high as 650cc) as well as different maf's can be used.

Bernard

The only RB engines sold in Australia were the RB30E, RB30ET and the RB26DETT ( Nissan Aust. did sell the R32GTR here). But we do have lots of RB motors here.The RB20 as far as I know was never a V.V.T. engine, but the RB25DE and DET in the later model R33 skyline were the first RB with the system. All RB twin cams have six coils but the RB**E and ET had a optical Dizzy (Distributor). I've been told the RB20 ECU can be rewritten but not the RB25.

Steven

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a copy of the wiring diagram/schematic? I'm after how the ecu fires the coils. It may work with either the single coil or the coilpacks. In particular I'd like to know if the coils are energized through an external transistor like the L28et

and vg30et. Are any message boards out there with the rb20's as a topic?

Bernard

• 4 weeks later...

There is some info here . http://zdriver.com/rides/detailride.php?cat=1&relIdx=14&vehId=1118&Vote=Yes

But in a nut shell its a Australian 240 73, stripped back to bare metal and sprayed in Diablo Red. The suspension is kings springs 300lbs front 325lbs rear, koni top adj short inserts, VT commodore 296mm front brakes, XR Falcon 300mm rear discs skyline callipers with twin master cylinders, balance bar, no booster. R180 viscous LSD. Engine RB30DE variable valve timing, 10.5:1 comp Delco /Kalmaker engine management. and last but not least my 16x7 Panasports have just arrived fitted with 215/55x16.

Steven