HybridZ

need help on head temp sensor wiring

bumble zee

the ground wire goes to the ecu ground it's a current that runs through the sensor and the resistant is created through the temperture in the sensor the more resistance the less voltage gets through which tells the car that it's still cold and needs to dump for fuel as the temp increase more voltage gets through and there is less fuel delivered because it's hot. I know the car will run with out it but it might be a hard to start it with out it working and it will be really rich. I used to unhook mine when I used to run lean and then I finaly tunned my in right so I left it hooked up, the bright side of it is that you can add a varriable resister in line with the power line and then you can richen the mixture while driving like if you were going to race and up the boost it will be a some what for a detonation chance reducer, also you can add on in with the temp sensor and it will make the car thing the air is really cold dumping more fuel as well. It's all a big trick. hey if you want some gaings I'm going to be selling my z31 ecu set up if you are intersted please let me know. I have rewired it to work perfectly and it comes complete with mas, ecu, harness, 3 wire o2 sensor, CAS, Trigger, 300zxt coil, and also all clips were changed out for they were all corroded and all the new ones a perfect also my wires were all sodered together and then by feeding the soder to a twisted together wire from the top while the heat was supplied from the bottom. Also most were shrink wraped or taped off. Like I said this set up works perfectly. Please let me know.

tbs