HybridZ

Supra injectors on Z31??

ZR8ED

Hey guys. I've been offered a set of supra 440cc injectors, and am curious if they will fit a VG30ET?

Not too sure here, I know I sold a set of my VG turbo injectors to a guy who installed them on an NA L28 280Z.... Dunno if that helps figuring out if they fit even an L28?

The price is right.. all I have to do is trade the guy for my spare Z31 turbo injectors..(I have 2 spare sets..so no biggie..) But I don't want to waste my time either..

Thanks.

They are O-ring type but the plug is different. They make female connectors that will fit but it won't look as nice as a plug. They are also hard to find, some electronic specialty stores carry them, not Radio Shack though. I would try http://www.supraforums.com. Alot of them run 550 cc injectors that have the same connectors as S30's and Z31's so they have to cut there plugs off.

Well I have access to wiring harnesses for supras...maybe I could just take a few inches of wire and the connectors and splice them into my harness....That doesn't sound too complicated...As far as the "bolt in" factor..fuel rail hook up etc... it should work?..

How about impedance..? I understand my ecu will need to be reprogrammed so I don't run pig rich at idle...no probs there.. I can deal with that easy enough.

I am really out of my element with injectors...Never see any on a bench to compare....just the odd pic I see on the net... :confused:

Now weber jets... Those I know inside and out! :D

Cool, Then the deal is on! I called the guy and he has spare connectors!..another hurtle... Once I get them, I'll look at what else I need to get them installed. I'll have to have the ecu reprogrammed... have to dig up one of my spare ecu's..Cool winter project... not sure if I'll install them right away..may mid summer?.. ahh we'll see... oh ya..I guess I should have them cleaned and flow tested right?..

Thanks guys.