HybridZ

Tachometer starts late!!!

Guest BlackPearl280z

Guest BlackPearl280z

Hey guys,

Sometimes when i start my '78 280z, the tachometer will not work for about 1-2 min. Just recently i have noticed that in the morning it works but then after sitting at my work for 8 hours (in the sun) the tach doesn't work right away. Once the tach works, however, i can shut the car off and when i start the car back up even 5 hours later that night, it will work.

-your feed back is appreciated!!

-Eric

Guest Anonymous

Welcome Black Pearl, You have a slight electrical gremlin,short,haywire.connection,diode or something. Check all your connections and not worry about it it until it quits working. At least it is still working.Get a sun shade since heat exceberates the problem

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a similar problem but the tach ONLY works in the morning. Then it will work intermittently for a little while before totally dying. I have checked all wiring so I might need a new tach. However, this only started after my turbo engine swap. I have the resistor in series as instructed.

any suggestions?