HybridZ

Questions about V8 swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have recently decided to plan on dropping in a Chevy small block (Thinking of a TPI 305 with a 5 spd out of an IROC) instead of rebuilding the 6 and have a few questions?

How much HP can I get away with using the R200 rear end?

Are there any lockers available for the R200?

(I don't really want a peg-leg)

What are some good sources for info on a rear end swap?

Does anyone have AC? If so, what was involved?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I currently don't have AC, although there are a number of guys that have installed Ac from MSA (LoneInAZ) and from Vintage Air (Mike kZ?).

The JTR book says you can use the Datsun Sankyo system and fab a bracket for it to fit your engine, or use the GM unit. A good AC shop could make you hoses and charge the system.

If you need in depth information, I can't help you with that yet, sorry :rolleyes:

Davy

Guest Anonymous

I'm running A/C, its not a big deal (well I do run a older style non serpentine SB too), I fab

ed a bracket and used MSA's A/C kit. Its actually not even necessary to fab a bracket, the MSA kit uses a Sanden compressor, so just buy a bracket for a Sanden (like from the rodding mag's) and your home free, the A/C unit doesn't even know its heart is now from Detroit and not Japan... ;D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Great! So if I don't go with the 305 TPI and use an older SBC I can get a bracket for the stock compressor, but if I get a 305 TPI I can use its stock compressor with some custom AC hoses for the Datsun system. That makes life a little easier. Thanks for the replies. smile.gif