HybridZ

i need a complete rundown on a 350 swap

what do i need to do? can i use the old driveshaft? blah blah blah.

does anybody have a complete rundown on how to do a 350 swap? i need step by step directions.

its for a 77 scca car, but being converted into a street legal car! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=618153&uid=462908

david karey

http://www.socalz.org

Also, if you are doing a Chevy EFI swap, buy their TPI/TBI Engine Swap Manual as well.

Most questions you have can be easily researched using the 'search' function in the forum. However, the JTR manual is a great way to begin. Read it two or three times all the way through and then step forward into the conversion. Just food for thought.

Davy

Here's the lo-down as I understand it:

1)Spend some money & twice as much time

a)Oh, while I'm here-might as well update that component

b)Attempt to sell old/outdated component & lose money on the selling of said component

2)Spend more money & even more time

a)You know, while I'm here-might as well update

b)Attempt to sell the inferior component & lose money again once that item sells

3)Spend more money

a)You know, might as well update to a superior compent while I'm here

b)Again sell the inferior component & lose money once that item is sold.

Winter comes...project put on hold. (You can also replace the word [winter] with Got Married, Wife had a kid, Personal Car broke down & Personal Car now demands the mad money from the Z Car Budget or just Life in General.

Spring time approaches.

4)Spend more money & expend more time/update parts & lose money as you try to resale the old component on to another car guy stuck in the same game just at a lower level of the feeding cycle.

If you do it like Pete P. then add a decade...and spend more money & even more time bonk.gif (Nice car is the end result of extreme patience).

The ability to finish your car depends on what mod's you make & to what extent you "Amplify" its ability to perform.

Sorry for the sarcasm...couldnt refuse.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

And Kevin doesn't even have a V8 in his car. But he sure knows the drill. Someone here coined the phrase "scope creep". It is the bain of this stuff. My advice is to resist it at all cost. Remember, you can always go back and upgrade your muffler bearings and flange rods at a latter date.

rolleyesg.gif

Guest Anonymous

Or, you could look for a post by a member called LoneInAZ, and click the link that takes you through alot of his conversion.

I'm new here, and I don't have any cool sotires or knowledge to share yet, so I felt it was up to me to put this back on track! tongue.gif