HybridZ

Help with fiberglass

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am getting ready to get my car painted and I am wanting to get fiberglass hood and fenders for my 74 260Z. I went into the paint shop for an idea of how much it would cost and he said that it depends on the quality of the fiberglass. I am wanting to get the hood and fenders seperate because I have heard that they dont close or line up very well. I also want them to be worked up and smoothened befor I get them. Does anybody know who sells them allready smooth and how much. I already have the motersport aero kit and the turbo whale tail.

Thankz James Snead

It's been a long time since I've purchased a fiberglass part, but in general, most all pieces will have a good gel-coat covering on them. This covering will need to be blocked out to make sure the part is true and straight, and this may be what the shop was making reference to. Thus, the parts are only as good as the mold in this case, but they all need to be gone over lightly to gauge what to do next.

Blue, your car is awesome!

I wonder though about the front end as far as downforce, it looks like it wants to fight the wind more than use it?

Did you purchase this body kit, or actually fab it up yourself?

Nice Tesla coil! Too bad we didn't get to see more of his potential be used during his life.