HybridZ

280YZ Wide Body Race Kit

John Washington

Jared -

The web pages I sent you were copied from the Research Integrations site before they took the pages off-line. The last time I checked the velorossa.com site, only the front page remained. So, the links won't work. I just sent them so you could read the text on them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to finally have some spare time and surfed over to see what's going on. WRT 940Z, there is still an active page on my old website at

http://www.reactionresearch.com/940z.html

I only have one picture of this kit. I purchased the tooling from a guy in California many years ago and this is the only photo he had. Since most guys go either mild (Subtle Z) or really big (280 YZ) I have not sold too many 940 kits and no one has ever sent me photos of finished cars.

Now, if I could persuade Ted Fisher to build one... smile.gif

On a related note, it looks like my former employers/friends and I may finally put our differences to bed on Monday. Hopefully I will be ready to take orders from all the hundreds (or one or two) of you who want parts.

Let me know!

Guest Anonymous

John Washington: For everyone's future resource needs, I hope you have luck and prevail on Monday... Do you still have the Origin 240 bumpers,Z inner door panels and fiberglass hardtop molds and rear panel cover.? Please do not sue me but my VR partner and I have splashed a mold off the Origin top to adapt to the Vello Rossa. BTW, my Tomahawk has VR door skins.

It's always a treat to see you here at Hybrid, John. And fantastic news about your molds. Going back into the Z car "glass" biz, some people are just gluttons for punishment. bonk.gif

So fill us in, is there any truth to this new rumor that the YZ rear flares are just modified VR flanks? :confused:

*whispering* Please let ActionResearch be back in business, Please let ActionResearch be back in business, Please let ActionResearch be back in business. */whispering*

If this happens they can count me as a customer,

Of course I will have to find a Z first. bonk.gif

John,

I think I speak for everybody when I say that I hope everything went well on Monday. Did you get everthing taken care of. There are a lot of us looking forward to doing business with you once you get up and running again. I for one will be interested in purchasing a kit from you in the future, rust repair willing.

Good Luck and hopefully welcome back.

Brian-

Guest Anonymous

So John, if you need some help around the shop, my current work schedule leaves me with Mondays and Tuesdays off in exchange for learning a thing or two with regard to fiberglass layup.

(Heck compared to my usual commute from Tempe to Deer Valley it'd practically be next door to come give ya a hand.)

Just a thought anyway, but I really would be willing to entertain the idea. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Looking at those pics gets me very excited. Kinda like sliding down the rope in gym class.

Does he race locally? I'm in Tucson and would like to see that beast in action.

I need to add to my sig block, "email me directly if you need a quick response." I don't yet have enough time to put on my daily checklist "Surf HybridZ."

The status of VR Engineering has been resolved to my satisfaction...except for the brain damage and having to pay the lawyer.

I can now supply almost everything (except for a few items of hardware that were depleted from inventory) that I offered before. Just let me know what you want...and help me make my lawyer's Porsche payments! Actually he's a pretty good guy...kind of like the dentist, when you need him you are glad he's good at what he does, but you kind of dread going to see him anyway.

Britt, the YZ kit is $1900, includes front fenders, air dam, rear quarter panels, and rear spoiler. Spoiler can be deleted for $150 credit in case you want to run a wing or something. Also, rear quarters are available separately.

TempeZ, thanks for the offer of help. I haven't dug out far enough where help would be helpful...if you know what I mean!

I sold my shop building last year and am now operating out of my house (Old Town Scottsdale)and my vendor's facilities (north Tempe, and east Phoenix).

However, there is no reason I can't show you what I have. Just let me know when you want to get together.

• 3 years later...

I do apologise for dragging this thread forwards in time a number of years, but i was interested in the pics John posted of Ted Fishers car by Cecil Walker.

I can't seem to find them on his website which has been updated since 2002 (hehe). Does anyone happen to have a copy of them floating around?

Dave