HybridZ

Which lengthLokar cable? 24" or 36"?

Nion

I used the 36 in. Lokar cable. The installed cable is 17 1/2 in. long from the fire wall to the connection on the carb. Add another 2 to 3 in. where the cable goes through the fire wall and connects to the gas pedel. I heated the gas pedel and bent it back about 10 to 15 degrees to get the travel right. I could have used the 24 cable, but wasn't sure how much the bends and a little slack in the cable would require so I went with the 36 in.

Also, per JTR I cut about 1 1/2 in. off the bottom of the gas pedel so it would not catch on the carpet. However, at a stop sign, the pedel did get caught once on a mat and was full throttle. Gets your attention real fast. There is no longer a mat on the driver's side. You can see a pic of the cable on our photo site below.

Miles

20-21 inches, huh? I would have thought it was more than that. Looks like you're saving me a few bucks :cool: I was going to do the $8 bike cable setup but.. ehhh.. it's too much of a PITA. I've had this bike cable sitting attached to the gas linkages and have yet to figure out a way to attach it to the carb so I think I'll go for something that doesn't look totally rigged and get a hi-tech style Lokar.

I wonder if it matters that I'm using a Holley carb instead of Edelbrock? Also, what throttle bracket did you get for the cable?

Is that 36" overall length or 36" of cable shield? I may have the wrong one I've got one that is way over 36" but has 36" of cable shield and NO mounting bracked (smart guy bought off e-bay) Can the cable be cut to length? Or am I stuck with an unusable part? Where can I buy a bracket for the cable?

Thanks,

David