HybridZ

280Z to LS! conversion project

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello,people. I have just purchased a 76 280Z and I want to install a LS! into it. I Need input from people who have accomplished this or are attempting to do so. This is my midlife crisis vehicle and I want to do it right with input from people who are into this. Any help advice or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. if this is the web site i need please let me know. If not please direct me to where I have to go. Thank you and good luck to all in thier efforts to improve the nissan nameplate!

Welcome to the board :)

There are a number of people here that have already installed LS1 engines into their cars, Lone Star 1 being one of them, and others who are currently in the process of doing do, like Jeromio, who has documented much on his own website.

If the search function is working, then by all means please use it as much information regarding this swap has been talked about, and it can only help you. If the search function is not working, then you may have to go back and search the topics in the archive which is somewhat tedious but is necessary at times.

http://240z.jeromio.com/

Davy

Engine & tranny just went into mine. If you are wanting a good engine placement that facilitates keeping your AC, Heater, etc. and don't want to mess with your steering arm talk to John at John's Cars in Dallas. He has motor & transmission mounts in design that work great with the 280Z for an LS1/T56 conversion. Parts are very professionally deigned and manufactured.