HybridZ

need help!! ecu light will not light up VG30ET

warrenp

You can still test alot of things on the truck much like was it carbed. First step are you sure you have proper switched and constant power to the ECU and it is grounded properly. Next when you turn the switch on does the fuel pump turn on ?? Pull a plug out and lay it next to the engine block, it should snap a spark across. If not are the plugs wet with fuel ??

Take one thing at a time testing easiest to hardest and eliminate it as a problem. A diagram of all the sensors helps, ooh look what I have poof

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1553/eccs3.jpg

Engine still needs the basics air, fuel, spark

fuel pump isn't hooked up either. i'm going to have it hooked up by a switch. i bought an aeromotive fuel pump. kinda over kill it's rated for like 1000hp or 1200hp.

i can't test spark either.

coils isn't hooked up the harness. i know your probably like "just hook it up"

since my truck was a 4 cylinder and had 8 spark plugs and had 2 coils.

still isn't a problem. i need the plugs that go to the coils. i seem to have lost them. they attatch to the mounting brackt for the coils. i gotta go to the junk yard hopefully this weekend and get some.

thanks!! you have been alot of help!!!!

i'm sure i will have more questions for you.

Guest MegaShaft_2000
got a question

i have just wired up my vg30et in to my 4x4 nissan and my ECU lights are not lighting up. i thought that i have got everything pluged in. any idea on what i may be missing? i figure i must have left somthign out.

:roll:

Hi, I used to have a 1986 300ZX Turbo that had the same engine that you have. I recall checking the error codes on my ECU.

I seem to remember that there was a little hole on the side of the ECU revealing a screw that you had to turn in order for the ECU to display the error codes.

I think it was a flathead screw that you had to give a half turn, or something like that. If you didn't turn that screw, the 2 LED's wouldn't light up.

• 2 weeks later...

Warren, make sure you have power at the following pins:

114, 27,35 and I believe pin 9 is the start pin. I just finished wiring up my ecu test bench and got caught out by the 27, 35 pins. Both my 85 and 86 ecu's light up the lights with the key on. If you need more help let me know.

Bernard

i need alot of help.

some i'm using a wiring harness from a automatic.

some one sent me a PM saying i need to ground something out becasue i'm using a automatic harness on a manual tranny.

i can't remember what it was i needed to ground out and i must have erased the PM by mistake.

and i have no idea on what pins are? i'm guessing it the connection from the wiring harness to the ecu? i am truely lost

• 1 month later...