HybridZ

Just got my coil-overs

:D , Got home last night and no more then 5 min the UPS showed up with my coil-overs. Thanks Ross C.

Now it is time to take the car apart again.

How many have the coil-overs from Ross C. of Modern-motorsport?

Is there anything I need to watch for when installing?

How long did it take to convert?

Just had to share.

Enjoy, be happy, live long

Thanks

Adam

• 1 month later...

:D

Just finished installing my front coil-overs, doing the rear I hopr tomorrow.

Things are going well so far, 6 hours to do the front. I have a feeling the rear are going to be a pain in the rear, thank goodness that this is only a toy, if I get mad I walk away.

Wheels and tire in another week. 17 x 8 bullet Pin-tail.

Had to share.

Thanks

Adam 8)

any specific problems? It looks like it should be a cakewalk. the reason i ask is that i am waiting for my set from Ross as well. I already have my suspension sitting in pieces in my basement waiting. like you i'm lucky it's only a project car otherwise i'd be going nuts waiting. it's kinda like christmas when i was young. :D

Guest livewire23

how much cutting and welding did you have to do? I'll search the boards in a sec, but Im trying to get in the planning stage, which means I have to figure out what it takes to set these up.

It really is a pretty simple mod. The biggest job is taking everything apart and putting it back together.

Tip 1) Use an angle grinder to remove your old perches and be carefull not to grind into the strut tube.

Tip 2) Read and measure carefully then scribe a line on your tube for the ring before you weld. Weld the ring to the tube only from the bottom side of the ring. Tack the ring on in one place then slide the collar on to verify it is perpendicular before you weld it on for good.

Tip 3) Don't loose the o-ring (like I did, makes a great rubberband. FLING) The o-ring goes over the strut and gets wedged between the collar and the tube to keep the collar from rotating when you adjust them latter.

:D

All done, just finished the rear in 4 hours.

Cutting the perch was a breeze. I used a cut-off tool

from haror frieght, cut 4 slices, took a pair of pliers

and wigled, came right off in 4 pieces. Then grind around

the tube. Weld the collar on the tube, paint and reassemble.

Bam! me got coil-overs waiting for the wheels!!.

Will be adding pictures to photo section.

OOps forgot 5 hours, pizza 1hour and 6ix beer, now movie and a nap.

Its going together again.

Adam

• 1 month later...

Update,

Last night I took the car out for a test drive and didnt find my way home for an hour :).

The coil-overs/ suspension is awsome, the handles like a dream and just sh*ts and gets.

When I got back the better half was tipping her foot because I said I would be back in ten minutes, dinner was waiting.

so after dinner I took her for a joy ride, she was as happy as I was to see me and the car out of the garage. :D

Will be doing the rear brake conversion after this weekend with no pressure to get it done.

Need to make appointment for frontend alignment, drifts a bit to the left, but not bad for being taken apart and put back together with new stuff.

Tonight I will be taking the wheels off and checking everything over again, making sure all welds are good and my lugs are tight on the wheels.

I'm a happy man!!

Thanks to this Web site, Modern motorsports Ross C., and everyone that has help me thought this project of fun.

Man I'm learning alot!

Thanks Again

Adam

I've corresponded with Ross regarding buying myself a set of coilovers and rear brake brackets. I just wanted to say that he was VERY thorough and quick with responses. His reputation is obviously earned and not forum hype. When I am ready to order these parts, ROss C will be getting my hard earned money.

BTW those coilovers look awesome man! Great Job!

Jason