HybridZ

Cumins turbo truck land speed record - nice engine setup

Tony240ZT

Guest Zachb55

jeesh, i couldnt imagine spending a million $ on a car but i do wonder how much the engine and all of its systems cost... soundsl ike that turbow probly would cost quite a bit. that would be awesome to put in a Z :twisted:

jeesh, i couldnt imagine spending a million $ on a car but i do wonder how much the engine and all of its systems cost... soundsl ike that turbow probly would cost quite a bit. that would be awesome to put in a Z :twisted:

a McClaren F1 is $1m

a bit overpriced...but much much much better investment than a 220mph diesel truck!

Guest spunkysandoval

I sometimes drive a 2002 GMC SIERRA 2500hd crew cab with a long bed. It has a duramax diesle engine. It is made by isuzu. It has about 390+ hp, and 450+ ft lbs. of torque. This truck boogies. Diesel engines rock! The truck sounds freaking awesome too, big truck with much power = fun. It gets good gas mileage too. I recently made a trip to up to anaheim and then over to palm springs and back home on half a tank of gas. It was fun. Lots of nice scenery.

• 1 month later...
did you guys notice the gas mileage of it? that is the amazing part. i saw this before and if i remeber correctly it gets 21.6 mpg out of a 735 hp 1300 ft lb 5.9 liter I6 diesel engine

Yeah, I heard that turbo diesel gets some crazy good gas milage. I think the TDI VW's get over 40 mpg?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SeanyD300zxT

all that gas mileage was on the stock injectors and computer though...hmm..sounds like something just to throw in for publicity..somehow have a feeling it wasn't making it's 800hp/1300ft/lbs on stock injectors and computer