HybridZ

LS1/T56 Update #8

Went to visit Zack last night. I now have photographic evidence that he not only exists but that there is an LS1/T56 sitting in the engine bay. Shifter from the T56 comes up right where the old Datsun.5-spd did. LS1 sits about 4" in front of the firewall - just far enough to access the heater & AC connections behind each head. Steering arm runs neatly through the front plate of the driver's side motor mount in a manner that there is no inteference and it is easily removable, if need be. The only thing forward of the steering gear is the accessory drive on the engine. Another 1.5" farther aft and this car would qualify as a mid-engine. Still tons left to do but the good news is that the real McCoy is in the engine bay and things are going together rather than being removed or test fitted.

Well Phantom i guess its u and me to the finish.

I just mounted mine today and without any problems. Shifter is in good postion and no hitting or grinding anywhere. Tomarrow i got a long day of cutting and splicing. Not the funnest part of the project but its got to be done. Gas tank is in and all wired up and ready to go. I am looking to start it up by the end of the month.

Keep up the good work!