HybridZ

How much $$ should I expect??

Hey guys, I have another question for ya. I am currently looking for a good platform car. I have read on here that people paid anywhere from $50 to $3000 for theirs. What can I expect to find? I live in TN so Im not really sure if a car from here will do the trick? Is there a webpage or an article that tells specifically what to look for in a used Z? Also, should I limit my search to a 240? I know the 260 and 280 are fatter.

Thanks again

The 260/280`s weigh more mostly because of the 5 mph bumpers,side impact supports and ac.Most of which could be removed. yea they are made of a little thicker guage steel ,but I think that`s an advantage because there is less body flex. especially if you don`t have a cage or frame ties. Thwe key is to get a car that is as rust free as possible so you can concentrate your time and money on mechanical mod`s where it really count`s rockon.gif everyone has their preferences,but a solid 240 will naturally be a little more expensive

The only reason most of us in California shy away from the 260Z and 280Z is for smog reasons. With the 240Z, we don't have a yearly (or biannual) smog check. Otherwise, I'd love to have a 280Z over a 240Z! Being a bit heavier doesn't bother me since they are a stronger car--weight is nothing a 383 can't handle anyway smile.gif

Davy