HybridZ

Racing seats in a Z

Guest 240zxt

Who all has installed Corbeau Targa RS's or CR1's in their Z? Are they a direct fit? If not, what modifications need to be made. Also, how comfortable are they? Are they really that prctical for a daily driver? I am about 5' 10", 5' 11" at 160 and a 34" waist. Will these be an ok fit? I want a seat that can handel a four point harness, but is still comfortable for everyday driving.

Racing seats are not a good choice for a daily driver. (IMO)

A racing seat needs to be positioned for business not pleasure. Meaning, they generally sit you more uprite -vs- a nice sport seat has the comfort and recline. They make getting in and out of car (by the sterring wheel) kind of a pain.

You can get nice sport seats that let`s you use a 4 or 5 point harness.

I have the Corbeau Clubmans in my 240. I agree that the non-reclining racing seats are no good for a daily driver. I've only climbed in and out a few times to check the fit and spacing (belts, seats etc) and with the rollcage and the seats, it's a PITA, and that's without the steering wheel!!!!

Tim