HybridZ

Poll on Bumpers!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys, im bored so why not and i wanna make my 1st poll.

tell me what you think...and why you think that way.

also post some pics to back up your answer if you can.

thanks

mike

Guest thinkmonkey

What is the euro bumper? Any pictures? Personally I think either early US bumpers with a tasteful front spoiler or my choice of shaved rear and front bumpers with the MSA II air dam up front, no side skirts.

Guest thinkmonkey

My car is going to be almost exactly like yours Phil. Minus the door handles and 300zx taillights, and plus the 'rain gutters'. And black as night. Did you cut off your rear valence and english wheel a new one?

-David

Guest ON3GO

well im gonna get the MSA front air damn w/o the air ducts.

280Z hood w/ vents.

i love the euro bumpers cuz less holes and so skinny.

im just not sure about no rear bumper.

sometimes to me it looks good, and sometimes it doesnt.

i guess i just gotta see more pics of it.

also the car will be painted Bayside Blue with black front air dam, ZG flares, Hood, and rear panel.

mike

Guest thinkmonkey

Which air dam is that? I bought my MSA catalogue a year ago and I don't want to pay the five bucks for a new, so it looks like I'm out of date.

I agree with you on the rear bumper being sometimes good sometimes bad. I like it when the car is a dark color, especially a very dark blue. Does anyone have a picture of the euro bumpers?

-David

i like the stock bumper with no rubber or overiders, if i could cop a euro rear bumper i would. for now im gonna do a 240z turn signal conversion with no grill, my 240 front bumper, and an INTERCOOLER :twisted:

Guest ON3GO

well i would be putting a big FMIC in there.

was thinking of the JDM front grille, looks pretty cool.

Euro bumper in the front is a deff... just not sure on the rear still.

mike

Guest thinkmonkey

S30, that is a really awesome looking rear valence, mind is on it's way being exactly like that. What did you do about the bumper mounts and the body seams? Did you cut out the rear frame section and replace it? Have you had any problems with the paint over the seams cracking? My rear valence is far from straight so I'm thinking of cutting it out and either fabbing a new one or straighting the existing one.

-David

S30' date=' that is a really awesome looking rear valence, mind is on it's way being exactly like that. What did you do about the bumper mounts and the body seams? Did you cut out the rear frame section and replace it? Have you had any problems with the paint over the seams cracking? My rear valence is far from straight so I'm thinking of cutting it out and either fabbing a new one or straighting the existing one.

-David[/quote']

the pic above is just a photoshop, all done on the computer. :roll::D

Guest thinkmonkey

Holy crap man, I looked at that and considered that maybe it was but the shadows and color integration were done so well. Congrats on your skills. Do you think you could do one will the emblems and antennae also shaved? Do you have any other photoshopped photos of z's?

-David

Guest thinkmonkey

What do you think of the MSA II front airdam? So far that is the only one I am considering running on my car, since mine doesn't have bumpers.

-David