HybridZ

sell everything or put the hours in? Need input.

I have a 1974.5 260Z that I built into a nice car. When I went to have it painted, I found a little more frame rust than I thought. It was running great, but I chose not to paint it. It has:

355 sbc

Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads

RAPTOR 700R4 that I paid $1900 for built to hold 600 hp with a

2800 stall converter

B&M transmission cooler

Powermaster chrome $300 alternator

Griffin $300 1.25 dual core aluminum radiator

Air Conditioning set up and working

Toyota 4x4 brakes up front

ZX disc brakes in rear

Koni D shocks

Arizona Z springs

Roller rockers

Comp Cams extreme energy cam

Fully LOUVERED hood (82 louvers in the metal of the hood)

Autometer gauges

Grant steering wheel

Polyurethane bushings

New gasket kit (not installed)

Rear strut tower bar

Carter carb

Carter electric fuel pump

Re-lined fuel tank

New H4 headlights

14x7 slotted mag wheels

So I got this car built then had frame rust problems. So I bought a 1977 280Z with a Stable Autoworks Ferrari GTO kit sitting on it. The car was set up for a sbc but the drivetrain was removed. I was planning on moving everything from the one car to the other, but I think I bit off a little more than I could chew. Between the body work to complete the GTO kit and moving everything over, I am looking at 100+ hours of work that I don't have time to do.

I also have a spare 1972 240Z with a good engine, good SU carbs, and a 6 to header. I bought it for the wheels, but the engine is great.

So what do you guys think? Should I bail? Is anyone interested in any of this stuff? Could I get out with my shirt? I have over $15000 invested and I know I can't get close to that, but do you think that I could sell some of this stuff? Anyone want to buy anything? Anyone want to do some body work at a reasonable price? Maybe I could just pay someone to finish the body work on the GTO kit... What do you guys think?

:D personally I think the ferrari gto kit is cool and think you stick with that car and have some finish it I have a 1974.5 260 that i am having to do alot of rust repair on and so far is been tedious cuting out all the rust holes,cutting out new steel, and welding it in. It will be alot cheaper to have body kit installed the rust reair depending on how severe the damage. I finding all sorts of holes some just bondo over. I would sell the rest, keep the gto.

Guest Anonymous

Keep them both, take alittle more time to do them right, any serious body rust? The frame rails are not a big deal as long as they are not completely hollowed out by the rust, are the floor pans hosed?

You know what I always wanted to do with a GTO kit? Make a convertible out of it! how sweet would that be?

just some thoughts

scarab

Guest Lee Smith

Only a 100 hr to save ALL hours & $xxxx that you have in it. :-(

A hour or 2, 2-3 days + some weekend time = a DONE.

If you have a place to work on the car a bit at a time.