HybridZ

anyone already got their Weir bellhousing?

Guest Luigi

Guest Luigi

I am 1hr away from ordering the bellhousing from Weir. I searched and a few folks had ordered one. Did you get them? how do they look? Are they installed yet? Good person/company to do buisness with? any feedback is appreciated. also what did you do for a master cly.?

thanks

luigi

Oh, there was a guy here the posted that he was told to buy a clutch set from a 87-92 Camaro w/a muncie for this conversion. I'm not sure but I don't think those cars had a muncie in 'em. Am I missing something?

I received my bellhousing from Weir about a month or so ago. The product looks solid. I have no complaints, although, it is still sittling in a box in my garage. I will pick up my motor from the builder later this month and start putting things together.

I ordered a Tilton clutch master from Weir in the same package. The guy I dealt with seemed pretty cool and my stuff arrived when he said it would. So far, so good.

Guest Mr. Big Business

Wagz, what are you doing for a clutch line? I have the weir bellhousing between my ZZ4 and the T56. (highly reccommended so far) According to Bob (weir), the clutch uses a standard brake like fitting. I think he also said that the tilton MC is a -4 AN fitting. I'm really confused about what I'm supposed to do for a clutch hose, and I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna need it.

Henry

Henry -

I haven't gotten anywhere near that far yet. I have the Tilton MC, but haven't taken the time to figure out the hose/line from the MC to the throw out bearing. I was going to find a flex line that mates to the TOB and then bend and flare my own hard line to the tunnel and build it with the correct fitting to connect the the flex line. Sorry, I'm not much practical help at this point, all I have is threory. Let me know what you work out on yours. Good luck.

I'm using a tilton clutch MC with 7/8 bore in my T56 setup. I am using a an3 ss hose with straight ends and 1 an3 90degree elbow off the MC and 1 an3 90 degree elbow off the slave cylinder. Got a 36in line from PerformanceBodies.com and the fittings from summit racing.