HybridZ

Enlightenment

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I'm not really sure if this is the place to post this, but i'm hoping so if not i appollogize .. I want 800 HORSEPOWER!!! ok not really just wanted to be cool, actually when i get my Z (hopefully realllllllly soon, just got to wait for that one to just sing for me) I'm wanting to produce Horsepower with in the high 300 range or maybe reall low 400's hell bout right in the middle is good tooi'm probally going to use a turbo'd engine do the the tune ability of the the power level, but this is the deal, can help me out with what would need to be moddfied on the Z to support this HP with out having the car, axle', cv's? links to other post stating facts are cool, thanks. I can understand not wanting to type everything, i've tired searching but it's so broad, and i'm so tired and dimwitted right now. Thanks, Jyn.

OOOPS! sorry I ment to post this in the Drive line forum but did it here by accident. told you I was dimwitted right about now :(

• 1 month later...
Guest De Schmaydee

the stoutest tranny readily available is the T5...it wont get it if you drag race (or launch hard @ close to 400hp)......the only part that may work is the R200 .....

.......to the best of my knowledge there's no drop replacement for the T5 or mods that can strenghten it....w/extensive modifications you prbly can get a tremec TKO or T56 in there that will support the higher hp ...but it is no small feat.....s

At minimum you will need to upgrade the axle choice to CVs. The rear will work, but you will be one-wheeling it, since the rear is an open unit. The trans will be your issue and even if you find a NISMO 5 speed, they aren't holding well under the torque loads you will be puching. Not sure what James or Jeff are running on their turbo'ed inlines, but I'd check with them since they both have extensive time dealing with the Z and turbos.

I'll move this to the Driveline section for you...

Mike :wink: