HybridZ

silvia rotors with 240sx calipers+modernmotorsportskit?

im wondering if these will work together, i have about ten sets of these rear brakes, complete down to stub axle and control arm mounting points

the lug pattern on a silvia never went to five lug except the six speed models i think. these rotors are a 4x4.5, same as a z and older 240sx in the states, im wondering if i use the ross c brackets if everything elsse would bolt up, im hoping it does, since i have twenty rotors!

also, the lug studs are a big longer than stock z's , are they the same pitch as ones commonly found on the s30 series, im thinking since its all nissan they should be identical at least to a 240sx-which i do not know if it

is same as z car. anyways any advice, as usual, is greatly appreciated.

Len

What year Silvias? Are these JDM or are you talking 240SX?

They should work the Silvia and 180SX (240SX) are essential the same for the same performance level of the car.

Info I have is

S13

CA

250 x 18 mm

SR20DE/DET

280 x 22 mm

SR14

SR20DE

252 x 20 mm (reduction is size, weird???)

SR20DET

280 x 30 mm

SR20DE M/C

257 x 22 mm

Oh wait, Ross' kit uses Z31 solid rears don't they?

Those are

290 x 10 mm

So to answer your question, maybe they won't work because of the thickness of the rotor?

Owen

Guest Anonymous

I was just asking about this in another thread. Sport Compact Car did a Silvia conversion a few issues back.

They converted it to a five lug pattern with parts from the Nissan parts counter and installed a z32 brake kit from Brembo and stock TT brakes in the rear.

Can this be done, without custom mods or fabrication, to an early Z?

Yes it can be done to a Silvia with a few mods, namely the the big pin from a 5-lug S14 must be installed into the arm of an S13 (the S14 arm is longer than the S13). This enables the use of the 5-lug spindle and maybe strut on an S13.

The biggest rotor and caliper I've seen on an S13 are a JZ Supra 330mm rotor and Lexus SC430 monoblock aluminum 4 piston caliper. Bracket was custom and caliper was modified.

For a 240Z, the hub is way different from even an S13. I think Mike SCCA tried Z32 calipers and the mounting ears were a different size and or the mounting ears had to be ground down. The conclusion was that it was not worth the effort, do a search on this.

If all you want is 5-lug on an early Z, use the Z31 hub and some lightweight Wildwood or Outlaw calipers. You also need a spacer (different for 4 and 5 lug) Z31 rotors.

I switched from Z31 4 lug to Z31 5 lug and kept the Toyota calipers. That reminds me, I need to sell those 4 lug spacers and rotors...

Owen

Oh, I guess I've been misunderstanding all along?

If you want 5 lug on an early car, use the Z31 front hub.

For rears, the easiest/cheapest way is to re-drill the stubs to the

5-lug pattern.

When I bought my rear disc setup from Ross, I asked him to include

some pre-drilled stub axles. I simply didn't have the time to be going to

machine shops etc to get work done.

Owen