HybridZ

JTR ENGINE MOUNTS

Guest Want aZ

Guest Want aZ

Ok Guys, I counting on some experience here, Exactly how did everybody go about fabricating their JTR Mounts, not so much the setback plates but the Pedestals, for lack of a better term. I can see how to make the set back plates , that should be a breeze on a band saw, but the pedestals I'm not so sure about.

Although I guess I could just buy those from JTR?, surely they aer still selling them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

The knowledge on here is immeasureable.....

Guest Anonymous

Just triangels cut out of aluminum. Used two or three pieces to get the correct thickness, then drilled the holes. If I can do it anyone can.

Guest Want aZ

Now I can see how you just sandwich the material together, but I was hoping for something that doesnt look all hacked together, being that I have 19 years in the military Im a little bit of a perfectionist, as my son and wife say...Saw some pics of a guy that had some fab'd up out of billet on a CNC machine, but I dont want to go to that expense either. Just something in between...

I made mine out of sections of thick-wall steel tubing, one for each of the 6 mounting bolts (3 per side). I bought the tubing at a local metal scrap yard for very little money. The tubing measures 7/16 ID and 7/8 OD. I cut them on a horizontal band saw, but a hacksaw and vise is all you would need.