HybridZ

280 zxt Possible buy Input please

ToplessZ

hey guys whats your opinion on getting a complete non running 280zxt automatic for about 400 bucks. Its all there rusted but looks like it hasnt sat long. Would it be a possible swap candidate. what should I look for. Any advice or input would be great. Thought that I should add that the car has 113 thousand miles. Ive heard the engines with automatic trannies have been probably less abused. Id like to get familiar with this engine setup anyway and dont mind investing some bucks to get it running nicely. Please help with any and all tips, advice, and any links to this swap online. Thanks

I got mine for $150, if you think its in good shape then maybe its a good deal. I think I'd offer less, just because people have payed not much more than that for running ones, without big rust, mine hardly has any rust on it at all and I dont even care about the body, or of course the autotransvestite, I like to row the boat.

well I though I might add that I live in boondocks ohio and that a scrap yard has just obtained this. I have only seen one other one sitting and rusting into nothing and hasnt moved in years so not alot of choices. This guy doesnt flex much on prices. But it is only 5 minutes from my house so transport isnt a problem.

Sounds then like it might be a buy, if you think this one is pretty fresh, I think I'd go for it. Supposedly in my area they get stripped pretty fast, at least the turbo, you can bank on wiring and computer going pretty fast thereafter, and so on.

It could have been sitting at someones house or on the street for a few years before hand though, thats the only thing I'm kind of thinking of, in terms of how long it may have been sitting. I guess you could look at the tags if the plates are still on? Since plates are the property of the state, I dont know if those even stay on at the yard.