HybridZ

steel VB flares

Hay niceguy. I noticed nobody answered you post. Probably no one has that particular flare set at this forum. But if my memory serves me right, the VB cataloge saids 3.5 inch's rear, 2.5 inch's front. You can call VB and talk to them about there recommendations? Good Luck.

Guest ShelbyZ

Niceguy, do a search in "Paint and Body". There was a discussion a month or so ago about these particular flares.

Going from memory I think it was something like 10", maybe as much as 12" wide wheels. The 11" or 12" wide wheels might have been with coilovers. I can't remember exactly.

Good Luck and

Keep ZZZZZZZing,

ShelbyZ

I just ordered a set for one of our members and when I swapped the two sets into one box I noticed that you would need a minimum of 9 inches with LOTS of spacer behind it. I'm thinking a 10 inch wheel with 5 inches of back spacing would be perfect. My 9.5 inch cobra R knockoff wheels were 9.5 inches and I used a 1/2 inch wheel spacer for the white Z. That was a perfect fit with the tire just getting in under the lip of the wheel well. Those flares are really nice, but not cheap, even with my discount. As Ralph and I found out, turn around time is also an issue. VB won't ship out large items directly to a customer for me. They send stuff to me, which then has to be reboxed and sent out from my place. This costs time and DOUBLE the shipping charges. I actually lost money on the last set I sold. So, be forewarned, a set will run you $800 plus shipping from VB, or $700 plus shipping plus an additional week turnaround from me.

Mike

niceguy678us. Welcome to the wonderful world of rims... If your gonna "dive right in" hehehe you may as well jump off the cliff with me and Big Phil! finding rims is like pulling teeth I have heard, and I agree. It took me years to find suitable tire/rim combos to fit my application/budget....well application anyway.. :shock: The only way to have fun is to break out the charge card! :bonk:

If your not going to use adapters to run a FWD rim, then be prepared to shell out some serious$$$. A 9" or wider rim is not gonna be had on the cheap... Then ya need some tires.

BTW I ordered my rims from Simmons, and Yokohama AVS sports to wrap around them.

Good luck, and may your wife/GF not find out how much they cost! :twak:

I'm trying to get in touch with John at CCW to see if he in fact is still making his rims. They are customs but it is said they go for around 1600 a set, so that's not too bad verses other's I've seen. I have also seen a pic of a car with this particular combination of rim and flare, and, to say the very least......... :shock: !!! You might remember it, indiglo type blue with double white rally stripes? Might be able to bring the car to his shop and get a TRUE FIT considering he is only a days drive away. :rockon:

Guest Your Car is Slow

Pardon my ignorance (and lack of VB catalog ;) ) but are these just the flares themselves that would be welded/riveted/glued/whatever to the stock fender itself to add an "extension"..or is this the entire rear quarterpanel/fender section to replace the stocker.

Also....how much for just the rear set? :)

These are steel flares that should be brazed/ welded on. The rear sets run $400 and that is pretty much what it would run for me to sell them... The price break is for the set of four. The size of the box and additional shipping from them to me and then to you is what is the issue with cost...

Mike