HybridZ

non turbo cars with P90/F54 combos from Junkyard

fl327

found a few today at the junkyard with p90 heads, NISSAN valve covers, you know the big script, and F54 blocks, i did make the mistake of not looking for a knock sensor or a blockoff, would that be a sure sign of it being a turbo motor. in the two examples, one had a p79 (maxima) and the p90 one was a NA 1980 280zx and the motor looked so fresh it mustve been new, i checked external wear sign i could and it was great head to toe, anyone know the specs on these mystery L motors with the replacement motors from overseas???????

I've seen these in a Japanese Replacement Engine warehouse...JDM na engines using the P90 instead of the P79 head. I suspect Japan doesn't have our emission regulations which dictate use of exhaust port liners (ala P79). DAW

BTW, I suspect there is a "Maxima" type N47 closed chamber head from JDM which would have square ports instead of round/liners ports...anyone know for sure?

DAW