HybridZ

JUst Got back From Ft. Lauderdale...

Mikelly

...And it was hectic. My wife was busy every day from 9-4:30 and I had dial-in meetings to attend until Lunch time, so I really didn't get to spend much quality time until the last day. We did manage to get an airboat tour of the everglades and got to see some gators in the wild. Also, with it being spring break, everywhere was packed with drunk college kids, which is cool if you are a drunk college kid, but uncool if you have to deal with them... I think I'm getting old. Hell, I didn't even go to any of the strip clubs to kill time... I did however go by the ferrari dealership on Sunrise, and I went by East Coast Choppers, which was a way cool place if you are into the custom bike thing. I'm thinking a full custom might be my next project, as long as I can do it without buying anything Harley...

Got home yesterday morning (after we got bumped up to 1st class) and finished out wiring the garage. I now have interior and exterior lights, power and all my stuff works except for the outlet dedicated to the welder... My brother inlaw wired it 220 and it is a 110 unit. I didn't know he had wired it such and I made the mistake of firing the welder up... Now it won't fire up and smells like something burned... I hope I can get replacement parts... Anyway, other than that debacle and a a set of shelves collapsing due to excess weight, the shop is nearly "Finished" in the downstairs. Next, we'll be finishing out the family room and hanging stairs on the outside of the new garage so I can access the 2nd floor to store parts and bike stuff.

Long week, and I'm glad to be home.

Mike

Mike, did you go to the Sawgrass recreational park for that Airboat ride? The airboats they use there are big monsters, if you want to have some real fun, you gotta go on a real airboat. We used to have one powered by a Lycoming aircraft engine but we sold it years ago, some friends of mine have one with a 550 hp LT1 from a Vette. We use the ramp there all the time to put our bass boat in and its where we used to take our old airboat.

Niceguy - I beg to differ, IMHO Florida is the true sportsmans paradise, we have the best bass fishing and the best salt water fishing. The watersports here are fun as well, wakeboarding, skiing, hydrosliding, we have it all! :D

Jay, Yup we went to Sawgrass... I didn't like the boats they used, but it was a fun diversion after several days either in the room, on the phone, or stuck in traffic. Miami/ Ft; Lauderdale has some BAD traffic... Made me miss DC, which has only happened one other time... and that was Atlanta traffic.

Mike