HybridZ

inline 6 options

wasup with the sig? you say you want an l6 of some sort, yet you gota Vg30240turbo handle?..

just rassing ya man. :cheers:

Other than the sixes you mention, there are not many others that are large enough, or small enough to be suitable for a Z... Besides the skyline and supra motors have rep of being bullet proof... why would you want anything else?..

Since you got the VG in the sig... why not do a VG?..certainly not as "bolt in", but if ya want a challenge...

Guest Zachb55

Well, something ive actually been contemplating is the Sylvia engine, yeah its a four banger, but its one of the few that are RWD, and i have seen some pretty bad A$$ S14s and S15s. i guarantee it would make a Z faster then hell, but it all depends on preference, im not sure which engine i want to go with right now but price for a front clip and price for aftermarket parts are definately a concern, and should be when buying a JDM engine which hasnt got any parts dealers in the US. where you are located is also a factor which you need to think about, if your in japan get the baddest skyline or 2JZ possible, if in the US, do what you can!!! :-D

-Zach

• 2 weeks later...

How heavy is the Volvo 3 liter 24-valve I6 (used in 960 GLEs)? Motronic engine mgmt, etc. European market Volvos use M/Ts in many cars that are offered in the U.S. with A/Ts only. I had a 960 Turbo wagon with a 2.3 liter intercooled 8-valve I4 A/T that I bought from a dealer in Italy then picked it up at the factory in Goetenburg, Sweden. It was surprisingly strong but that's not the point. The point is that when I road tested the car in Italy the dealer only had the European market version of the car which looked the same but had a 2 liter intercooled 16-valve I4 with a 5 spd and it hauled ***!

So I've got to wonder if there is a European version of the multivalve I6 with a M/T that would be a nice fit into an early Z. If you have a friend in the U.S. armed forces in Europe, maybe they could start sending you the pieces via A.P.O. U.S. Mail. DAW

Guest Phil1934

Go to http://www.inliners.org and dig through the bulletin board for posts from Gerry. He works at Kansas Racing Products, a co. that makes a Chevy based 4 with Chevy, Ford or Mopar V8 head. You don't want this as ~$15K but they get to evaluate engines like the Ford Cosworth 4 and the new Chevy DOHC 6. They sell these for $600 when done.

• 2 months later...
hey guys, i was thinking the otherday about possible swaps into the 260 & decided i wanted to swap in a twin cam 4 valve import inline 6, which brings me to my question. what motors are available that match these requirements other than the usual RB, 7M, or 2JZ?

Here is a few options. Nissan RB series (20, 25, 26, 30). An RB 30 with a 26 head would be really nice!! Toyota 1JZ (2.5 liter and just as strong as the 2JZ), also the 2JZ (GTE GE).

Then there is the 7M-GTE, 7M-GE, 6M-GE and the 5M-GE. The last 2 are not turbo from the factory, but you can turbo them. The 7M turbo kit will fit directly on the 6M. Been there done that! The 6M and the 5M are 2 valve per cylinder though.

ERIC.