HybridZ

Has anyone done power door locks on a 240z

jaime240z

Has anyone installed power door locks on their 240? I have a '72 and just installed a Viper alarm with all the bells and whistles.

I just ordered the lock actuators and relays and I'm wondering if anyone has any pic's or info on where to mount the actuators. Wiring them is pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Heya, Jaime.

Yeah, I've got power locks on my early 260. Actually, to tell you the truth, I've got power LOCK. I've only gotten around to doing the driver's side, but the passenger side will be cake since I've figured out what all's going on.

Unfortunately, I can't advise you as to which lock system to purchase. Since I've got a BMW 535i parts car taking up space in my driveway anyway, I pulled the lock motors and controller out of it and am using that system. Mounting the lock motors is fairly easy. I have them mounted against the inside of the door, where the glass just barely misses hitting them on the way down. I welded a second rod to the door lock rod about four inches down from the lock knob, and I attached the other end of that second rod to the lock motor. It works well in conjunction with the codealarm system I put in there.

I've been trying to get pictures put up on the web of this issue, but I just can't get my ass in gear. Maybe your question will be enough to motivate me this weekend!

:?:

Ok cool. I am just wondering. Did you mount the actuator to operate on the vertical or horizontal rod?

I'm not sure about the 260s but my car has a horizontal rod from the inside door handle and a vertical rod from the outside door handle.

Does it make a difference which one I mount ti to?

Thanks.

I put power locks in my 73 240Z. They actuate the vertical bar if I remember correctly. I also installed power windows. Both kits were got from Summit Racing and the controls are mounted in the ash tray.

Any good recommendations on an alarm? I got line on a DEI 6500 for $200. I want to add glass breakage sensor, tilt, air pressure sensor etc. Or are these useless???

Owen