HybridZ

What trans cooler lines do you use?

Guest m35514h

Guest m35514h

I have a 700r4 and i am wondering what transmission cooler lines you use for it? There is very little space next to the transmission on the passenger side, you cant fit your hand in there and thus you cant tighten them. I was wondering if braided aluminum lines would work?

First thing I would do is unbolt the trans crossmember and use a pry bar to shift the tranny as far to the driver side as it will go. This will give you maximum working room on the pass side. I used some fittings I found at pep boys that are about 3" long and are flared at both ends. I think they were next to the tranny cooloers/towing area. Then I used high grade rubber hose(like what comes in tranny cooler kits) for about the first foot in length. This helped conform to all the curves . Then from there on I used 5/16" brake line(metal) from the header area and thoughout.

I cut a hole in the trans tunnel in the area where the trans cooler lines hook up to the trans. Than I fabricated a new panel in place of the old trans tunnel wall. This gave me enough room to use a quality set of cooler lines that I purchased from Bowtie Overdrives (http://www.700r4.com) I believe the price was about $125 for the set which includes steel braided hoses to hook up to the cooler. Vist my web site and you can see the lines on trans prior to putting it in the car.

Good luck