HybridZ

How to hook up Electric Boost controllers?

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys, just got my Blitz SBC i-D and Powermeter i-D in the mail today so i was wondering if anybody has a site that shows how to hook these things.

im gonna put it on my friends wrx to see if it works, and then if the guy ever gets back to me about his 280ZX turbo forsale ill then put it on that.

mike

Guest ON3GO

were not gonna boost past 15 so were ok, plus i have 4 friends with wrx's, they no about them.

i just was wondering of there was a write up or picture on how to hook up a electronic boost contoller to a L28ET or any car really.

mike

you know why the boost drops in high? because the EGT gets up there. I would becareful. BTW, I bet that thing screams with more boost. I had an opputinity to ride in Legacy with 260HP (VVT too) while I was in Japan. Now that thing did not feel like a station wagon for sure :D

Guest ON3GO

ya i no, but at 15psi its save.. plus he has a EGT gauge that he is gonna put in soon.

it does scream, and its like stock.

2 of my other friends run mid to low 12;s in there wrx's and its scary.

mike

wrx is like 13 stock' date=' but it tappers off to 8 in high rpms.

we did it tonight, full 15 almost 16, the thing is badass.

mike[/quote']

...Like yo2001 said, so you are NOT just running 1 or 2 psi more than stock, YOU ARE RUNNING 8PSI MORE THAN STOCK AT HIGH RPMs. And you are doing this with apparently no fuel system mods. I will pretty much guarantee that you are running lean. Don't expect that to last very long.

Did you read the link in yo2001's original post? Read it again. Sounds to me like you are headed down the same path.

Also, putting in an EGT gauge is nice if you are actually tuning something. Otherwise, it will just confirm that you are in fact running lean, which it will continue to do until you turn the boost back down. It will not save your motor if you can't deliver more fuel. Also, I'm willing to bet that if you are sustaining those boost levels for any amount of time, that you will not be paying any attention to the gauge, anyway.

There - I just saved you the price of an EGT gauge.

Guest ON3GO

its been said over and over again you can run 15 psi on the stock turbo/ fuel sustem on a wrx just fine and very very safe.

you just cant push it past that and we wont.

its been said over and over again you can run 15 psi on the stock turbo/ fuel sustem on a wrx just fine and very very safe.

you just cant push it past that and we wont.

Lots of things have been said over and over.

Good luck.

Guest ON3GO

guy if you read what that guy did he had its past 18psi, and the way that guy sounds, he prob never tuned the boost down abit on cold days cuz it does spike past what you have it at and it does go higher.

my one friend had his wrx bone stock kinda with intake, full exhaust, and boost controller set at 15psi for over a year and lots of hard miles on it, not one thing went wrong. he know has a bigger turbo.

mike

Do what you want - it's your buddy's dime, right?

If you think that the difference between 15psi and 18psi is "very very safe" to "toast", then you are playing with fire.

I'm not particularly interested in "I know of some guy who tried it and it didn't blow up" stories. I'm sorry, but that doesn't tell me sh!t, and I'm getting really tired of seeing this offered up as absolute proof. Until you can show me that the injectors have not gone static, and the mixture has not gone lean, I'm going to say you are asking for trouble, and the odds will be on my side.