HybridZ

CAN I BUILD MY OWN T3/T4?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I have heard many folks say yes, and some folks say no. Some say just do it, and some say it MUST be balanced.

Well, I just won an EBAY auction for this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407219071&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

I am going to mate it to my stock L28ET hot side, and see what the heck happens. I need to locate a rebuild kit and a 360* thrust bearing. Anyone know of a good place to get that stuff?

Guest Anonymous

Hey, Jamie.

Look for a turbo rebuild shop in your area. Sometimes they are only listed under deisel turbo repair, so check there too.

You may want to have them do the rebuild for you, if they don't want too much.

In any case I would definately have it balanced. You don't want it coming apart @ 70,000 RPM and destroying the compressor housing and possibly the turbine shaft.

The .85 might be a little big, but I guess you could try it and see.

Cheers, Mike.

You also might want to ask the turbo shop if you can even put a Roto-mater Compressor on there. That might be some big shat set up like garrets T series. Garret and Air Research are the same but I believe Roto-master made there own stuff. You could of bought new Garret stuff for what you paid for that and you could of picked your trim.

Guest JAMIE T

Well, I can tell you this, If it doesn't bolt up, the seller is gonna get a Roto-Master up his ass. Having said that, I REALLY hope it all works out fine. The seller's ad stated T3 over and over again. With that large of a Compressor and the L28ET turbine(I think it is a .63 A/R), it should spool fast and have plenty air to move. It could be a pig, and or spool too fast. One thing is for sure, it wont spool too slow. Only time will tell.