HybridZ

Hood HoldDowns

TomoHawk

As usual, the real ones cost a bunch but see if you can talk Jim Simpson http://www.simpsondesign.net/ into making a pair of replicas. That's where I got mine and they are first class! Also, he provides a second seat - one for the hood and another for the fender. This way, when you turn them 90 degrees to open the hood they can sit in the seat on the fender and will not dent the paint.

I gave up on finding those a long time ago. Like with a lot of things, I put way too much effort into it, so I feel pretty confident you won't find any.

I believe they were made only for the GTO, so finding them at a swap meet is unlikely. However, if you prove me wrong I'll buy lunch next time you are in Phoenix!

If Jim is making them you can bet they are first class and worth every penny.

If you do decide to go for having replicas made, let me (and others on the board) know -- I'd probably grab a set. Maybe a group order would get the cost down a bit.

charles

• 4 weeks later...

They were on many of the early competition cars, not just the GTO. The last set I bought came from a nice elderly italian gentleman named Georgio Ortelli. Sorry but I don't remember what they cost. He doesn't speak english so unless you do the phone is a bad way to try to contact him- I'll try and dig up his contact info - but if you don't hear back in a few days from me try sending me a direct e-mail as I don't really get in here often enough.

Chelle

sysadmin@corecomm.net

http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lamboallthree.jpg

• 3 weeks later...