HybridZ

new v8 needs help with tuning

hey guyss, its the ish talking fairlaady

with a bonehead problem

i mixed up the firing order on my

sbc powered datsun 240z, and im bummed

i know its probably the firing order, which

i know, but how do i figure out where to place the first wire, after that its clockwise in firing order i know that.

which way should the window on the cap face

and which way should the rotor face

any help would be so greatly appreciated

i have almost mastered the art of making headlights work on the old zs and ill share that with you too if you guys need it, thats really all i have to barter

thanx from a dummy

Leonard

the fairlady needs help!!!

Guest mattrp

Basically, assuming that you installed the distributor on the proper tooth of the gear, the first plug wire should be placed just forward of the plug in for the power and tac wires (this is for the HEI units). After that the order is, I believe, 18436572, but thats off the top of my head, so check it. If you want to make sure you got the distributor right, find top dead center for the number 1 cylinder, and check where the rotor points. TO do that, yank the number one plug, and look at the cylinder as you rotate the motor. When it comes to the top, llok at the rotor, if it faces towards the rear of the car and passenger side, your 180 off. Turn the motor one more turn, and you should be at top dead. Where the rotor faces now is where the number 1 plug wire should go.

Matt

72 500Z