HybridZ

MSD or Accel for my LT1???

Yeah but I don't know what Darius has programmed on this computer that I bought from him!?

Since it was a blown car, I doubt the use of 7k RPM, why not look at what is in the PCM? That is the best way to find out. $69+$20+$65

My 94 has the connection to the coil module that you show, plus two more connectors that connect side by side at the top of the coil.

Here's what I "think" I have figured out...

I have the early style coil set up on the engine. However my harness has the 96+ stlye connections. I dont hava anywires though that would plug into the top of the coil? What are those there for? I am going to an after market set up so maybe I dont need them? Darius was using and MSD set up.

Does anybody know what those wires up on top are for?

Oh yeah, Danno I go those pics! Thanks a lot. That really helped!

Just a little update on my engine building. I got the whole bottom end assembled and Plastigauged this week. I put the Cloyes double roller timing chain on today also. I didnt advance the cam timing though. Then I put the heads on today and torque them down and then torqued to yeild them. After that I put all the push rods in and put the new 1.6 roller rockers in. I will be done next week!!! :D Oh baby! Hopefully in about 2 weeks I will get to hear it run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy :cheers:

Now I am thinking about getting a Crane System!???

Only thing is I dont know if they make an adapter for my harness? Do they? I have the 96+ connections on my harness.

JEGS-----

Here is a part number for what I think I need...

270-6000-6708 GM HEI /Ext. Coil Adapter Harness

This is the system...

270-6000-6466HI-6TRC CD Ignition w/Timing Retard, Allows 0-20° Driver Adjustable Timing Retard in Under Dash Mount Switch.

I could really use some help here!

Guy

Guest Your Car is Slow

Ok..just went out and looked at my 93 LT1 engine.

I have a single post connector at the top that goes to the opti.

I have a rectangular connector about 2" down from the post at the top (sorry..harness is off the car..so I dunno where it goes).

Then about 4" below that on the thin plastic shroud below the coil itself I believe is the ignition sending unit. It is that I believe the harness should splice into.

God its been awahile since ive played with an LT1 (and never with a 93).

anywhoo..if this sounded like what you have...then you have a 93 style :)