HybridZ

What are your part #'s on your ECU

Len

Need some help Guys

My 1983 280 ZX Turbo won't idle. Trying to cure the problem. Resoldered all splices on harness, replaced AFM, Engine temp sensor.

Noticed when I looked at inside of my computer I saw some corrosion. So I replaced it with another ECU. Still no luck on curing idle (runs lean I suspect).

The Serial # on my original ECU is A18-604 046

Serial # on my replacement A18-60 042

If you have an ECU for a Manual transmission 83 280zxt. Would you tell me the serial numbers you have? I'm thinking maybe my ECU's could be wrong.

Thanks

Len[/url]

It would have to be pretty darn lean not to idle, usually a lean idle car would just run very weak especially going from idle to part throttle, but it should idle... Looked at the plugs?

82ZXT Automatic A18-602 043 and an ink stamping that says 2211

Guest jt240z

Any turbo ECU from 82 and 83 should work fine. Manual or auto has no impact except on RPM limitting. Idle quality will be the same for both. I have two ECU's sitting around and both checked out when I plugged them up to another car that had a manual ECU. The numbers on them are:

A18-602-043

and

A18-602-044

Thanks for the input. Hi Donna; good to hear from you! Sounds like you bought another Z.

Z's are like potato chips "bet you just can't eat just one"(or own just one!). I haven't forgot to send pictures of my car, especally now with my new 17" centerline rims & 225 45 17 Falken Azenis Sport's. Need to get her up and going to see how she drives :)

Midge I've got a buddy who's a mechanic. I told him my car idles like crap when cold. Once it warms up idles fine. If I dissconnect engine temp sensor idles OK when cold but once warm; runs pig rich till I plug it back in!

So I changed out and tested sensors as mentioned above. Then told my friend. I could just splice my engine temp sensor wire, install a reostate in cab. When cold starting: turn it one way, once she warms adjust the other way.

He said NO! you are just covering up the problem, we need to find the problem!

Well if I can't find the problem soon! I'm going to "cover up my problem with said reostate". I just can't be away from my baby this long!

We were looking at the ECU's thinking maybe My spare ECU wasen't correct, But looks like from everyone's input. The #'s can be slightly different. Something is not telling it to richen up the mix when cold!