HybridZ

turbo city

Guest dustyz

Guest dustyz

hey just wondering if anyone has goten a turbo cartridges form turbo city

was it in good shape how long did it take to get to your house

and did they ever send back your email telling how much it would cost

its for the stock t-3 anyone know how much it will cost

I've bought about 4 rebuild cartridges from them, they are willing to make deals if you buy in bulk. Best thing to do is to call them up, I don't have the number on me, but I think it's on the web page.

Anyways, most t3 or t4 rebuild kits are about $115 shipped.

The turbo on my orange car has a rebuild kit from them in it. I've put about 5k miles on it, and it still feels like new. I didn't do any balancing, and my shaft looked like it was in good condition, so I just sand blasted the parts and bolted it together.

Best of luck getting the turbine housing off.. Sometimes it's a real pain. I've had to cut off the bolt heads before then machine them out. What a pain.

If you need a stock turbine housing, because of the difficult bolts, or because of cracking I may have one laying around. Just ask me and I'll look to see. I know for a fact I have a compressor side setup.

Guest dustyz

hey thanks i dont think i will be going that way anymore i found a new t-4 cheap and i will just buy it and slapp it on my car but thanks anyway

Guest dustyz

T4 w/T4 Flange are t-4 w/t3 flange

S trim compressor wheel - O trim turbine wheel - A/R .84 turbine housing

(Supports 300HP)

Either Turbo $395.00

Guest Anonymous

Hey, dustyz.

The $395.00 special is all wrong for the Z-Car, S trim compressor(too small) .84 T4 O-trim exhaust (will take forever to spool). And T4 exhaust housings have no internal wastegates. :(

Instead look at the $695.00 T3/T4 hybrid (.63 stage 3 exhaust W/TO4E

57 trim).

This is a much better option IMHO.

Cheers, Mike.

I bought a rebuilt turbo from them, and had good luck with it.

I recently had a T3/T4 hybrid rebuilt at a shop in Mass if people are interested. They went through it and replaced the bearings and seals, and bead blasted it. It came back looking new. They also included all new gaskets. Fast turn around too. It cost me $150.00.

They are:

D & W Diesel & Electric

731 Main St

North Oxford, MA 01537

(508) 987-1089

Z-Gad, I've had the same experience. My local diesel shop had a t04b turbo that they were going to return as a core, and I asked if I could trade my t3 compressor housing for that t04b, and we did it.

Also, they had a new t04b sitting on the shelf for over 10 years, didn't have the part number to it anymore, so they offered it to me $100 and I couldn't pass up. My local shop made some mods to my starion intercooler piping.

Like you said, they love doing something a little different. They always wonder if I've blown up my car since bolting on a diesel truck part, which always makes me laugh a little.

• 1 year later...