HybridZ

From auto to std...will it work???

Con Brio

Hey guys,

I'm not even sure if this is the right forum section for this question, but...

I'm looking to swap out my '76 drive train which has a 4 spd, into a '76 that was an automatic. Will this be possible with little to no modifications to the donor car body. I guess I'm really just worried about the 4 spd bolting in, plus the pedal assembly and the clutch stuff. :cheers:

it should bolt right in, you'll want to pull the dash and drop the column to swap the pedal box and you might have to make mounts for the clutch fluid line, not sure if it'll clamp in with the existing plumbing or not, you might need the driveshaft as well, not sure

Guest Anonymous

My not even need a new pedal box. Your pedal box may be set up for a stick. Check to see if there are holes up there for a clutch pedal. If so just swap out the pedals.

Great guys! Thanks. So my 4spd will line up with existing mounts from the automatic? As for the drive shaft, I have a complete drive train that I'll be installing (engine,tranny,drive shaft,rear end, and the suspension.) I'm just going to pull it out of my rusted out '76 and swap it in. :-D