HybridZ

bondo a cracked dash?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

if you have a cracked dash, would it be possible to sand out the peaks and fill the cracks with bondo? just wondering if anyone has done this.

Guest Anonymous

Check your mail..... No mail address? Oh well, I'm not chancing showing any more businesses in here. I don't want no trouble!

Guest Anonymous

SPIIRIT, hi i sent you a PM with my email address.

i'm trying to do this with as little cost as possible. if i have to, i'll buy the dash cap. but right now, i need a new fuel pump, injectors, plugs, fuel lines, and hopefully a fuel cell so i'm a little broke :cry:

thanks

• 8 months later...

I think the makers of POR-15 make something that is to fill in dash cracks. I think it is an epoxy putty or something. I'm not sure but it might be something to look up. I know their paint works well. My entire underside is coated in the stuff. :)

I've done the that idea, instead of bondo I used some black glue. But I still had to paint over it to get it the same colour as the dash. It looks good compaired to the cracks, but a fully repaired dash is better.

I'll get some shots of it, if I can get around to getting the camera from work.

i don't know if anyone else did this but i used fiberglass layed over the dash. 3 to 4 layers sanded and then bondod over to get it smooth. i then used rocker pannel spray to get the texture. after that i used primer and paint----so far it held up in texas heat. Installed 1 1/2 years ago.

just thought i would through that in.