HybridZ

Looks Like I broke The Diff

Scottie-GNZ

WHOA, don't start making any trades yet! :D

I said I am going to redo the clutch pack and bearings then decide what to do next. If the next step is going to cost a ton, then I would consider selling it to offset the cost. I keep slapping myself and saying "low-10s, be satisfied" (oh wait, its the wife that keeps saying that) but I know I have not yet tapped the full potential of the engine and it is like unfinished business.

Mike, if I have to I will certainly let you know, but I will definitely shed a tear. I hope this does not comes across as being egotistical, but I swelled with pride more than ever when I took it apart the other night. OH YEAH, that statement just jacked the price up a couple hundred :D :D Mike, if the ratios were available I would probably have the setup you do with the coilovers and Illuminas for extra adjustable but it would still not have the camber, toe and bumpsteer adjustment or lighter weight.

OK, thats enough selling :D

Guest thepenguin99

this is off subject but are you planning on painting the doors back the primer black or the front cap the gloss black? I keep looking at the pic and thinking.....that car would look really awsome either way.

Scottie, It would be a hard trade for me as well since I have my suspension parts on my car to give camber and toe adjustment, as well as the Illuminas and coil overs on pretty blue powder coating... I think I'll be happy with what I have, but the availability of the GM ring gear selection IS attractive!

Good Luck, and Keep us posted! :D

Mike

Oops, my bad. Forgot about your custom arms. AFAIK, the highest ratio available for the R230 is 3.54:1. I imagine NISMO might have a 3.3x or a 3.0x but like the R200 series, it is going to be rare and VERY expensive. Also, like the R200, there will be a variance in the R&Ps because I am sure not all the cars using the R230 use the same physical case. Perfect example is the difference in the R200 cases used in the Zs and the 240SX.