HybridZ

Hybrid GT BB turbo?

Doug71zt

I found a Garrett GT 35/40R turbo on the ATS site http://www.turbocomponents.com and am interested.

Is anyone running a GT series turbo - is it worth the extra cake? I had a look at the compressor map on that turbo and it looks very tempting - but I'm not made of cash. Is this the turbo that Tod K is running on his car?

I should have never looked at that sight :roll:

Doug

Good turbo and will support from 550-700hp depending on turbine housing used. If you are interested my buddies shop can beat most any price you can find on that turbo. Spoolup is said to increase by 11% over standard turbo of same size.

Upgrade Performance

850-671-1596

:wink:I'm practicing a unusual amount of restraint in not pursuing this further - To4E 60trim .6 a/r with T3 stage III .63 a/r ford pattern is what I'm going to get (for right now). That GT will be a good for the single turbo RB30 that will eventually end up in my engine bay. When I'm at work I receive a per diem for expenses - so if I don't eat - I can spend more money on the Z.

Starving in Cyprus - Doug :twisted:

Starve yourself a little longer and get the BB turbo. You know you want to.

One of these days I am going to get one. Getting boost 400 to 500 rpms sooner just extends your powerband, and the new GT series one's, according to the guys at Forced Performance will spin with a light breeze.