HybridZ

Driveshaft shortening questions....

80LS1T

Ok I have a T56 in my car and a R200 out of a ZXT. I have the driveshaft that was in the camaro that I took my engine from, so I have that end of the driveshaft that I will need made.

What is this "Neapco pinion flange adapter #2-2-899-1" is this for the differental end? Will this bolt right up to the R200?

I want to have the camaro driveshaft made into the one that I am going to use in my car becaue it is "skinny" and should fit under the car quit nicely.

Thanks,

Guy

Ok, this is probably the same part JTR includes in their kit. They say you need a 2.25" diameter pilot hole in the end of your pinion. They say the '70-'78's had this size and some later diffs had a 2.00" pilot.

Also note that the size and type of bolt you use is important. You want to use a grade 8 or better bolt with a smooth shank (unthreaded) where the flanges meet. With the twisting pressure on the bolt a thread will act like a deep score on the bolt and will be prone to failure. As advised by my driveline man, I used a 5/16x24x1 5/8" cut down to 1 1/8" to get that smooth shank. Use grade 8 nuts and lock washers AND locktite.

You should have no problems. 8)

Ok, this is probably the same part JTR includes in their kit. They say you need a 2.25" diameter pilot hole in the end of your pinion. They say the '70-'78's had this size and some later diffs had a 2.00" pilot.

Also note that the size and type of bolt you use is important. You want to use a grade 8 or better bolt with a smooth shank (unthreaded) where the flanges meet. With the twisting pressure on the bolt a thread will act like a deep score on the bolt and will be prone to failure. As advised by my driveline man, I used a 5/16x24x1 5/8" cut down to 1 1/8" to get that smooth shank. Use grade 8 nuts and lock washers AND locktite.

You should have no problems. 8)