HybridZ

Standard 15" steel wheels on a 280ZX

Guest Peanut Squirrel

Guest Peanut Squirrel

I want to use my Salt Flat Racer hubcaps on my '82 ZXT. I need stock steel wheels, without adapters, etc. if possible. Any ideas what might be plentiful & cheap in the boneyards?

Guest thepenguin99

The only wheels I can think of are triumph tr4 wheels. Other triumphs may also use the same basic wheel. They are 15" with the correct offset and bolt pattern. Finding them used isn't going to be all that cheap but wouldnt be extremely expensive...maybe $100-150 or so for a set I would think.

I am not sure if older supras ever came with steel wheels. I am also unsure if 15" steel mustang wheels would fit.

Nathan

When I was trying to find out if aluminum wheels could be cut and widened, I found a company down here in Milwaukee that would make me some steel wheels in any width, offset and bolt pattern I wanted for about $50 each. I'll see if I can dig up the company name and number for ya.

!M!

Try earlyNissan Altima's. They are steel, 15 inch, correct 4hole spread. I've not measured offset, but they fit nicely on the back of my 240 and have good clearance. They d/n have any provision for mounting dog dish hubcaps, but they're cheap and plentiful.

gw

What width are the Altima wheels? I need at least 6" for the tires I'm running. Also what year model are yours?

They are at least 6" and, perhaps, 6.5". I'll take a look next week when I'm at the storage yard. I havn't the slightest idea of the year, but I think later Altima's use a 5 lug wheel.

gw